Water quality is being monitored closely through sampling 8 times per season. Results are reported to BICA and NEMI after each testing date.
BICA wishes to thank Linda Bartlett and Lynda Montgomery for their tireless water testing efforts.
To safeguard water quality and reduce the chances of illness due to high coliform counts the following suggestions could be helpful:
1. Treat all drinking water taken from the lake (ceramic filters, UV systems, etc.). NEVER drink water directly from the lake.
2. Ensure proper functioning of septic systems.
3. Avoid getting lake water in eyes/nose/mouth while swimming.
4. Avoid using the lake as a bath or to shampoo hair.
5. Use only phosphate-free products (available locally at grocery stores).
November 19, 2018
Thanks to Justin Montgomery for preparing this graph, using the collected results for the past season. Download JPG 2018 End of Season Water Quality
February 23, 2018
February 22, 2018